Learn more about incorporating food safety throughout the entire product development process. Explore the key issues concerning food safety, identify food safety hazards and control measures, and deepen your understanding about Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) considerations, quality management systems, and other food safety practices.
You will be able to:
- Identify food safety issues of the product development process.
- Apply sound science practices in key aspects of product development to reduce risk.
- Interpret food safety regulations throughout the product development process.
- Demonstrate lessons learned from past product development food safety issues and cases.
- Recognize the importance of consumer concerns about food safety.
- Product Developers
- Lab Technicians
- Operations Managers
- Packaging Professionals
- Regulatory Compliance
- Food Service
- Introduction to Food Safety in Product Development
- Initial Considerations in Product Development and Where Food Safety Needs to be Involved
- Programs and Systems to Assure Food Safety
- Food Safety and Our Evolving Culture
This online course with live Ask the Expert calls starting January 26, 2012, provides an opportunity to interact with fellow participants and industry experts. Review each module before the scheduled call to ask questions or raise discussions on content learned. The modules are all self-paced and instructions to access the course are provided upon registration.
Live Ask the Expert Calls:
January 26, 2012, 12:00 - 1:00 pm Central - Introduction to Food Safety in Product Development
February 2, 2012, 12:00 – 1:00 pm Central - Initial Considerations in Product Development and Where Food Safety Needs to be Involved
February 9, 2012, 12:00 – 1:00 pm Central - Programs and Systems to Assure Food Safety
February 16, 2012, 12:00 – 1:00 pm Central - Processing
February 23, 2012, 12:00 – 1:00 pm Central - Food Safety and Our Evolving Culture
Ruth L. Petran
Corporate Scientist, Food Safety
James S. Dickson, Ph.D.
Professor, Dept. of Animal Science, Professor in Charge, Iowa State Component of the Food Safety Consortium
Iowa State University
Director of Food Safety, Microbiology and Incident Management
The Schwan Food Company
Senior Vice President
The Hartman Group